belong


Clique.

A word that I learned when I was about to graduate from Grade School.Maybe, it was a sign that I was already High School bound and this should become my number one priority. It did bother me though because its not easy being alone especially if you are entering a new school just like what I did. But, I don’t consider myself to be part of a clique because being in one is a bad thing for me.

2 close friends of mine are having their teenage life crisis because of this issue. Both of them once ‘belonged’ and then suddenly, out of nowhere, they were said to be ‘out’. As expected, their bitter and blue with what had happened but surprisingly they realized some things and then became positive about it.

I am neutral. I am a floater. I talk to everyone who talks to me though I have close friends, I am not just there for them but as well as for others. I don’t like to have or to belong to a clique because it just friendship because of the benefits you get from them. By the time your name gets to be asscoiated with them you are accorded with instant praise and popularity. Everybody seems to accept you because you are a part of that elite group. Sorry, being popular is not in my to-do list.

People strive for acceptance, that’s a fact, but we must discern who we should seek acceptance from. WE just don’t listen to what others are syaing but listen to those who really care and who are really your friends.People come and go in your life because you had done enough for them and those aren’t what you call friends.

Be friendly but do not be too caught up with those who only like you for your positive assets.
Choose your friends and do not discriminate those who would like to be one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment