Ninoy

[I was checkng out the stores in the mall today and there was a lot of "Ninoy" merchadise being sold and I got curious (Who wouldn't) so I did my research! :>]

To be described as "the greatest president we never had", must entail greatness but it is also necessary to say that, that remorse was also personified by the late Benigno Aquino Jr. He was a hero. A person who has said “If it's my fate to die by an assassin's bullet, so be it… the Filipino is worth dying for" must be and should be a hero don’t you all think? Well, he was and is still and that’s something we could not question and doubt about really.

As I was reading the iamninoy website about Ninoy’s involvement in restoring democracy in the Philippines I can’t help but to thank him! I know he does not know me but I am also sure that people like me who are appreciative about everything (even the pettiest things really) just happen to be grateful! Isn’t it nice that we don’t have to experience that anymore? I don’t want to use the phrase “If it weren’t for Ninoy” because I’m afraid I’ll just overuse it.

EDSA 1 was so enthralling to read and the thought that “Many people around the world saw what had happened. Bob Simon, a CBS anchorman, said, ""We Americans like to think we taught the Filipinos democracy; well tonight, they are teaching the world" is overwhelming. I don’t know about you but I think that we should really straighten our facts about Ninoy as soon as possible because clearly he is more than just the father of Kris Aquino or the face in your 500-peso bill!

:D :D :D Inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

PS: Those trademark glasses of him are NOT for sale… IS IT? Uhm, cause if it were… :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lorenz! i went to urban outfitters again and i saw the postsecret book..

http://jeddddd.multiply.com/photos/album/9/Carlafornia

Post a Comment