Merry Christmakwanzakah

I know what you are thinking about the title! If I could just see your faces you would all look stupefied just like I was! Haha. "Merry Christmakwanzakah" is all over the newpapers and the internet that I can't stand without knowing what it means and obviously without sharing it to my readers :)

the 2004 ad

Chrismahanukwanzakah is a portmateau of Christmas (Christians), Channukah (Jews), and Kwanzaa (honoring African Heritage). The company Virgin Mobile USA created this term for their advertising back in 2004 to satirize the political correctness people have in celebrating these holidays (saying that all that is important is less than $20 camera phones). It goes without saying that this further popularized the term and has now been part of popular culture. The term may also have been founded on Chrismukkah which is pop-culture neologism for Christmas and Hannukah that was heavily used by Seth Cohen in the TV Show, The O.C. :D

WEEEE! The power of the influence of media. haha. I'll be a media mogul the next time. ;)

Everything's clear now then?
GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment