Auspicious in Batangas


When I was informed at the last minute that we weren't pushing through with our Batangas trip, I got so bummed that they decided to change their minds for me. =)) We just wanted to check out the developments in Pico de loro, Hamilo Coast BUT we got luckier than expected. Wearing my tie-dye shirt, (I didn't attend the tie-dye day in school so I made the beach trip as an excuse. :P) I was able to meet two great men whose accomplishments are larger than life but remain to be normal, simple and surprisingly approachable. :D


Juvenal Sanso is one of the greatest living painters in the Philippines today. When my mom realized that he was "the"Juvenal Sanso whose paintings she could only get to stare and admire, she was astounded and immediately declared herself as a fan of his works. :)) (My mom is so real.) I was then introduced and he was very interested that I was also into the Arts. He told me about his experiences as an artist and encouraged me to go into Advertising because it's not advisable to go to Fine Arts; he's only lucky that he's very good. :> And when I asked him out of nowhere if he still paints, he told me laughing, "I'm not yet dead!" =)) We talked for about 10 minutes or so and I just admire his passion for the Arts. He's in every profession you could think of related in his field and I told him... "I wish I could grow up to be just like you." ;) AMAZING!!!!



[L-R: Mr. Sanso's companion, Mr. Juvenal Sanso, my mom, my dad, Mr. Henry Sy Sr., my sister, me and Mr. Herbert Sy]

Having seen the play about his life story at Mall of Asia sometime last year, it was nice to see the inspiration himself, Mr. Henry Sy Sr. :D (but still that tie-dye shirt is way scene-stealing. :)


Moral of the story: Listen to Lorenz he knows best. =)) What's the use of the book if you don't know your grammar? Find what you love doing and invest your time for practice and you won't have to work if you have found your passion in life. :D What a day.... Haaay. :D Serendipity .

7 comments:

Estela said...

Moral of the story: Listen to Lorenz he knows best. =))

Patay. :| =)) Joke lang hehe
Uy long hair naaa :-"

Lorenz said...

tsk. tsk. tsk. :))

kate said...

you sister looks a lot like you!:) i thought henry sy was way older...hahaha.

Lorenz said...

I thought I look like my mom. now my sister? :))

Bong said...

wow this is wonderful! :)

btw, wannna link exchange? :)

Lorenz said...

SURE! :D

reybert said...

a great great momentum

Post a Comment