I'm just going to be 17! (whew.)

Okay, I know I’m not a movie critic (although I wish I was) but I love movies and I know what’s a good movie if ever I see one. (to blog about a movie makes me so loss for words that's why I don't do it often. haha.) 17Again was everything that I expected it to be: Funny, Insightful and finally a Zac Efron that wouldn’t be all goody two shoes (C’mon he makes trouble in the movie something Mickey Mouse won’t allow him to do.) He has already been trying to veer away from the HSM thing via Hairspray but this movie specifically establishes him as the lead therefore aiming to be the next bankable male star! (he’s definitely on his way!)

A story about second chances, Mike O’Donnell had the potential to be great in his basketball career until he chooses to marry Scarlett and ends up disappointed 20 years later. A mysterious school janitor then intervenes in Mike’s life and the next thing he knows he’s back in his glorious youth! The film tackles common High School issues that the young Mike handled pretty well, love, sex and bullying. I, personally, liked the whole idea of him taking the high road instead of the opposite. :>

The concept is not that new but 17Again is worth watching in theatres! (Not on Disney Channel!) It’s a movie I want my friends and their friends and their friends to watch and hopefully like it as much as I did. :D


I've been watching a lot of movies lately Slumdog Millionare, Fast and the Furious 4, T2 (:D), 17Again, Rogue (dvd). :)) AND there's quite a lot to come out soon... The Proposal, X-men Origins: Wolverine, Angel and Demons, Echeleon Conspiracy. :| gotta save. :)

7 comments:

estela said...

Onaaaa napanuod mo na lahat :-< :)))))

coffee maker said...

I hope the hoards of high schoolers who see this movie realize that most of the "high school kids" in this movie are probably 20 and older

Lorenz said...

Haha! true. =))

Funny cause Zac Efron even said the same thing, "If it weren't for you, I'd be just some random college student instead of a college-age man pretending to be a high school student."

HAHA!

Sarah said...

I might watch it when Zac Efron isn't what all the girls go "OMG STEAMING HOTNESS!!!" for. He's too kiddy-Hannah Montana mainstream right now, and if he had never been a part of the Highschool Musical series, I think I wouldn't have minded watching.
Convince me somehow NOT to hate Zac Efron by defending the movie more on its plot, and I might go see it.

on a side note: <3 your blog=]

Lorenz said...

Hold your horses. :))
Of course the movie's popularity is all based on who's starring in it so it's not a wrong decision at all to cast someone like him. But the movie's plot can hold it's own ground as well! :)) As i've said the concept is not that new (13 going on 30, Freaky Friday) but it's a fresh take about it. I don't know it just speaks volume as to how one must live life... and being cynical is not one of them. :-" peace out! :D

Hey meep!
Thank you :D
Thanks for the comments.

kate said...

i haven't seen any of his movies, i never saw HSM. he looks cute, but can he act?

hey, do you know the actor emile hirsch? he was last seen in MILK but he's appeared in so many good movies. he's so talented. can i marry him? ( hey, when you're working overseas, you tend to be delusional..haha)

Lorenz said...

emile hirsch - Yeah, I know him. He's the one in the film, INTO THE WILD right? :)) Haven't seen it but heard about it. :P

Post a Comment